Thursday, April 21, 2011

Growing Organs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1372938/Live-human-heart-grown-lab-using-stem-cells-potential-transplant-breakthrough.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8443740/Scientists-create-human-kidneys-from-stem-cells.html


In short, we grew a heart from stem cells. Japanese scientists, grew a pair of kidneys. This article has ZERO news coverage other than being on telegraph.co.uk and Nigerian Daily..


Are you kidding me? This is a phenomenal achievement in medical science and its gotten no coverage.
 

Anyway I thought this was cool. But then again, I'm an advocate for stem cell research.

5 comments:

  1. So many drunks gonna grow another kidney :)

    baahhhh

    good post man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it surprises me that I haven't heard about this. Really neat stuff man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in favour of throwing irrelevant ethical concerns out the window and get on with saving human lives with this technology already.

    ReplyDelete